- Dame Janet Beer, Vice-Chancellor and Professor, Liverpool University J.P.Beer@liverpool.ac.uk
- Nancy Bentley, Professor, Department of English, University of Pennsylvania firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Goodman, Professor, Department of English, H. Fletcher Brown Chair of the Humanities, University of Delaware (emerita) email@example.com
- Dame Hermione Lee, President, Wolfson College, University of Oxford firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stephen Orgel, Professor, Department of English, The Jackson Eli Reynolds Professor of Humanities, Stanford University email@example.com
- Kenneth Price, Hillegass University Professor of American Literature, Department of English, University of Nebraska-Lincoln firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wesley Raabe, Graduate Studies Coordinator and Associate Professor, Kent State University email@example.com
- Elaine Showalter, Professor, Department of English, Princeton University (emerita), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Susan Tomlinson, Associate Professor, Department of English, University of Massachusetts Boston Susan.Tomlinson@umb.edu
- Shafquat Towheed, Senior Lecturer in English Literature, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS), The Open University, email@example.com
- Linda Wagner-Martin, Frank Borden Hanes Professor Emerita of English and Comparative Literature, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (emerita) firstname.lastname@example.org
Volume 1: Poems
- Verses (1878)
- Artemis to Actaeon and Other Verse (1909)
- Twelve Poems (1926)
- poems published individually (1909-1919)
Volume 2: Short Stories I: 1891-1903
Paul Ohler, ed.
- “Mrs. Manstey’s View” (1891) –
- “Expiation” (1903)
- 31 stories (incl. “More Love Letters”)
Volume 3: Short Stories II: 1904-1914
Stephen Arch, ed.
- “The Other Two” (1904)– “The
- Triumph of Night” (1914) 28 stories
Volume 4: Short Stories III: 1915-1937
Susan Elizabeth Sweeney, ed.
- “Coming Home” (1915) –
- “All Souls’” (1937) 28 stories
Volume 5: Critical Writings
Frederick Wegener, ed.
Volume 6: Writings on Architecture, Design, and Gardens
Francis Morrone, ed.
- The Decoration of Houses (1898) “Newport’s Old Houses” – letter to editor of Newport Daily News (1896)
- Italian Villas and their Gardens (1904)
- “Gardening in France” (??; publ. 2000)
- Introduction to Gardening in Sunny Lands (1924)
- Selected short pieces
Volume 7: Novellas
Rita Bode, ed.
- Fast and Loose (1876-77; publ. 1977)
- The Touchstone (1900)
- Sanctuary (1903)
- Madame de Treymes (1907)
- Bunner Sisters (1916)
Volume 8: The Valley of Decision (1902)
Volume 9: Travel Writings
Gary Totten, ed.
- The Cruise of the Vanadis (c. 1888; publ. 1992)
- Italian Backgrounds (1905)
- A Motor-Flight through France (1908)
- In Morocco (1920)
- Spanish Travel Diary
Volume 10: The House of Mirth (1905)
Donna Campbell, ed.
Volume 11: The Fruit of the Tree (1907)
Katherine Joslin, ed.
Volume 12: Ethan Frome (1911)
Carol Singley, ed.
Volume 13: The Reef (1912)
Alicia Mischa Renfroe, ed.
Volume 14: The Custom of the Country (1913)
Robin Peel, ed.
Volume 15: War Writings: Nonfiction
Alan Price, ed.
- Fighting France, from Dunkerque to Belfort(1915)
- French Ways and their Meaning (1919)
- Introduction, The Book of the Homeless (1916)
- published articles
Volume 16: War Writings: Fiction
Julie Olin-Ammentorp, ed.
- The Marne (1918)
- A Son at the Front (1923)
Volume 17: Summer (1917)
Monika Elbert, ed.
Volume 18: The Age of Innocence (1920)
Shafquat Towheed, ed.
Volume 19: The Glimpses of the Moon (1922)
Susan Tomlinson, ed.
Volume 20: Old New Old New York (1924)
Hildegard Hoeller, ed.
- False Dawn
- The Old Maid
- The Spark
- New Year’s Day
Volume 21:The Writing of Fiction (1925)
Frederick Wegener, ed.
Volume 22: The Mother’s Recompense (1925)
Melanie Dawson, ed.
Volume 23: Twilight Sleep (1927)
Sheila Liming, ed.
Volume 24: The Children (1928)
Jennifer Haytock, ed.
Volume 25: Hudson River Bracketed (1929)
Volume 26: The Gods Arrive (1932)
Amy Blair, ed.
Volume 27: Life Writings
Cynthia Davis, ed.
- “Life and I” (c. 1922; publ. 1990)
- “L’ȃme close” [“The Life Apart”], aka “The Love Diary” (1907-??; publ. 1994 )
- A Backward Glance (1934)
- “A Little Girl’s New York” (1938)
Volume 28: The Buccaneers (1938)
Maureen Montgomery, ed.
Volume 29: Translations [Wharton’s translations of the works of others]
Hildegard Hoeller, Virginia Ricard, and Gianfranca Balestra, eds.
Volume 30: Unpublished Fiction and Plays
Donna Campbell and Carol Singley, eds.